Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two Days Late...

Man oh man! I thought I'd be able to relax after work yesterday, but my good ole parents decided to take us to Super 8, you know, that movie I thought was a super hero movie. Just a hint, it isn't a super hero movie but just as good-maybe. Then it was off to my dear friend's home to catch the Bachelorette. I'm so happy I'm not in her shoes and won't be ever!
But the title to this entry is my apology of not posting a loving tribute to my dad like my lovely sisters. ;)
My dad is the greatest man I know! I'm so grateful for him because without him, we all know our family would cease to function as well as we do now! (And yes Dad, we function perfectly WITH you)! He's so willing to sacrifice his time and talents and his relaxing time to help us with homework, emotionally scarring issues, etc.
I'll always remember one night, while I was in the 4th grade, when he stayed up until the late late hours of the night to help me make an Indian home and some land surrounding it. Even helping me make a little pond out of corn starch.
I'll never forget his face when my family dropped me off at the MTC and then again when I greeted them off the plane! I have always loved the face of a dad who is proud of me. :)
I love you forever Dad, and I'll like you for always!

P.S. A week or so ago, I was searching for pictures of my parents to post on here, and I came across these:














I love coming across pictures from my dad's past, especially since we don't know much about it, as well as our Grandpa Bill. He passed away early on in my dad's life and I always try to picture what it would have been like to meet him, although I know he and Granma Marj are with us all the time.




Happy Father's Day to you too Grandpa Bill.



No comments: