Thursday, February 28, 2013

updates & happenings

So, it has been a while since my last post. I guess posting something every Friday was never gonna happen from this girl! ;) However, I have been busy and balancing school and work and chillin' with awesome family and friends has been the greatest thing that has happened during the year 2013!
This year (on January 23rd to be exact), I turned 25! My best friends, together with my family, threw me a surprise party! I have to say, it was the best surprise ever because they really did surprise me! Here's a few clips from our little shindig! It was complete with waffle bar, Big Bang Theory quotes, and Minute to Win It games!







 (photos courtesy of Eyes Wide Open Photography, aka my bff's Nick n Erica Thruman!)

schooling...oh man! I can't fake it, so I'm just gonna say it! It's been rough! I had registered for 4 classes this semester, determined to get almost all of my general ed classes done this semester, but because of a job opportunity, I dropped 2 of them. I can't say it was the best decision, I didn't end up getting the job, but it's been a blessing because i've been around to help my family while we're preparing to send Morgan on her mission and babysit and what-not! Plus, it's gotten kind of rough because I've just not had the gumption, but after a quick chat with my advisor I've got the feeling that I can get this stuff done! Let's hope so!
And to end this quick update, here's a few pictures from my phone, which is the best thing ever invented because  now I don't have to carry a camera everywhere! ;)

Top Left: (this was last year, but who cares?!) My little sister Morgan was called to serve in the Lima West Mission!! She leaves in 41 days and it will be a bittersweet moment to see her off!
Middle Left: Morgan went through the Mt. Timpanogus Temple to receive her endowments and it was the first time I've attended the temple with 2 of my younger sisters!
Bottom Left: My dad can't catch a break, or his car rather. It's had random smears of paint on it in the past, but he found this little gem on his windshield one day after work, and now that his car has
decided to unlock itself, someone decided to peruse through his glove box and take the .25 cents 
he had.
Top Right: We've been seeing a lot of this little guy since his mom has taken a job at The Gap over by Cabela's in Lehi! It's been fun to see so much of him! He's a hoot!
Bottom Right: I'm attempting to grow my hair out. This is where I'm at in the process. I was trying to avoid the hair salon until my mom made me an appointment and bribed me to go by paying for it! ;)


1 comment:

Erica said...

You are a babe! I'm glad you blogged :)