Thursday, May 23, 2013

one of those days...

Yes, it's one of those days where I'm down and some of the communication I've had with other human beings hasn't been all that great. Anyways, right now I'm reading through the diary of Anne Frank and came across the entry she wrote on January 30, 1943. I cannot believe how relatable people are across time periods, situations, etc. We all have some of the same frustrating moments and feelings which I appreciated in this case. 



         "I would like to shout to Margot, Van Daan, Dussel-and Daddy too-'Leave me alone in peace, let   
          me sleep one night at least without my pillow being wet with tears, my eyes burning and my   
          head throbbing. Let me get away from it all, preferably away from the world!' But I can't do that, 
          they mustn't know my despair, I couldn't bear their sympathy and their kindhearted jokes, it 
          would only make me want to scream all the more. If I talk, everyone thinks I'm showing off; 
          when I'm silent they think I'm ridiculous; rude if I answer, sly if I get a good idea, lazy if I'm 
          tired, selfish if I eat a mouthful more than I should, stupid, cowardly, crafty, etc., etc...I would   
          like to ask God to give me a different nature, so that I didn't put everyone's back up. But that 
         can't be done. I've got the nature that has been given to me and I'm sure it can't be bad."

Such comfort comes from words of another's frustration and clarity about a certain feeling or situation, and what joy comes to me for seeing such a response and learning from it.

No comments: